I'm a school psychologist, mom, lesbian, bibliophile, coffee addict who has a bit of a propensity to write lists and who enjoys commenting on the crazy and the wonderful in the world.
1. Kids need a break. Seriously, I support Common Core (that’s another post entirely), but have you seen that stuff?! It’s really, really quite intense and brain draining. At this time of year the only break on the horizon is Spring Break and that may as well be a million miles away.
2. House of Cards season three has started. Nothing else needs to be added, obviously.
3. Kids get to run around outside and tire themselves out and step away from electronics.
4. Sleep! This applies equally to sleep deprived teachers and kids.
5. A chance to make actual hot breakfast. Not that Eggo waffles aren’t the breakfast of champions. But, don’t you feel like the world’s best parent when you actually cook a hot breakfast.
6. I get to read actual novels with plots and well developed characters. During the school year I have to stay up until about 1am if I want to read for pleasure. Which of course I do anyway because I’m obsessed like that.
7. Hot coffee, cozy blankets, and snow outside the window. Soul enriching stuff, people.
8. Our dogs love the snow!
9. There is zero need to leave the house or be productive. Laundry you say? No thanks. Errands perhaps? Not necessary. It’s a free day!
10. When the phone rings with that strange automated voice at 5am, it’s like finding $50 on the ground!
The place to click if you want to learn about psychotherapy, counseling, or whatever John SF is thinking about.
A School Psychologist's resource for all things tech.
Ideas for Educators Supporting Social/Emotional Language Skills
Go and Get Zested!
Nordic Cooking & Travel
You say you want an evolution...
just another plaid-wearin' java-sippin' girl
Author, ranter, dad
"Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences." - Sylvia Plath
Food, Road Trips & Notes from the Non-Profit Underground
EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT GENDER BUT WERE TOO AFRAID TO ASK
LGBT Columnist, Coffee Addict & Commitmentphobe.
Laying Down the Law...In Fashion and Style!
a day in the life of my sketchbook...
Meet your creative goals